- William Master Vicar of Shipton under Wychwood
- The Burford-Shipton Omnibus
- Past and Present in a Milton under Wychwood Field
- The Wychwoods Album
- A Survey of the Baptist Burial Ground, Milton under Wychwood
- The Letters of Thomas and Hannah Groves
- Trivial Taxes
- The Royal Manor of Sciptone and Neighbouring Estates in Domesday
- Alfred Groves & Sons Ltd of Milton under Wychwood
- Bones under the Pew
- Compromise on a Muddy Lane
- The Hedge Survey of Shipton and Milton under Wychwood
Introduction to The Wychwoods Local History Society Journal No 2
The first journal of the Wychwoods Local History Society, published in May 1985, was well received and we are now planning to publish annually.
This, the second issue, follows the pattern of the first in recording the results of further detailed research together with shorter items of local interest.
We hope in this way gradually to build up an overall account of our area through the centuries. Members have carried out two field walks which have yielded material from the Neolithic period onwards. Further walks are planned and the results will be published in due course.
At the other end of the time scale The Wychwoods Album, published by the society in November last year, gives a comprehensive view of life in Shipton and Milton from 1856 to the 1930s by means of photographs and well-researched captions; and the history workshop under the direction of Kate Tiller has been bringing together studies on various aspects of the two villages in the nineteenth century.
Between these two extremes there is much work to be done but the Society flourishes, our meetings are well-attended, and the research and recording will continue.
[ Download Full Journal No 2 PDF here]
Full Archive of Journals – Contents, Introductions and PDF Downloads
[ No 1 ] [ No 2 ] [ No 3 ] [ No 4 ] [ No 5 ] [ No 6 ] [ No 7 ] [ No 8 ]
[ No 9 ] [ No 10] [ No 11 ] [ No 12 ] [ No 13 ] [ No 14 ] [ No 15 ] [ No 16 ]
[ No 17 ] [ No 18] [ No 19 ] [ No 20 ] [ No 21 ] [ No 22 ] [ No 23 ] [ No 24 ]
[ No 25 ] [ No 26 ] [ No 27 ] [ No 28] [ No 29 ] [ No 30 ] [ No 31 ] [ Journals Home ]